Nutty Linseed Muffins
For these treats, the gluten is replaced by omega 3 rich linseed, gut friendly tiger nut flour and vitamin E rich almond flour. Coconut oil gives a sweet flavour as a well as maple syrup. Fear of blood sugar rises? Don't worry! The cinnamon will work to balance your blood sugar beautifully. Who said treats couldn't be guilt free!
1 cup of ground linseed (aka flaxseed)
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup tiger nut flour
2 tablespoons cinnamon (Ceylon if possible)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup water (room temperature)
1/3 cup of maple syrup
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
2. Place the eggs, water and oil into a high speed blender and blend for 30 seconds until light and bubbly
3. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix through until a smooth batter forms. Leave the batter to settle for a few minutes. Stir through the maple syrup, test the batter for taste, add more if needed.
4. Spoon the mixture into lined muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick (poke into a muffin, if it comes out clean the muffins are cooked through)
5. Once cooked, take the muffins out of the muffin tray immediately and cool on a cooling rack.